Barfoote's takes on a wide array of commercial projects in the construction sector, almost too numerous to mention from the relatively simple through to complex multi-year commitments. If you are looking to do something in the sector, get in touch and see what solutions Barfoote can provide
Barfoote has the size and expertise to deliver projects large and small. Barfoote enjoys working closely with their clients by bringing solutions that work. They have the experience and expertise in material handling systems in place to get projects over the finish line.
Barfoote's have developed close relationships with many local manufacturing and processing companies. Barfoote is a solution-driven company and often bring extra ideas to the table. Their input is most valuable during the early stages of a project when there are more opportunities available for creative solutions. Barfoote employs a highly creative management team with many year’s of experience in all types of building projects.
Given Barfoote's three main cores of business, construction, precast and steel fabrication, Barfoote's an obvious choice for any infrastructure project Barfoote Construction are able to offer complete design & build solutions. They pride themselves on delivering concrete projects to the very highest standards. They consistently deliver projects on time and on budget whilst maintaining their strict safety protocols.
Barfoote has its own pile driver on hand and can drive concrete, steel or wooden piles. This can be coupled with post ramming and excavation for retaining walls or foundations.
Barfoote has built, and repaired bridges around the Northland area, this includes bridge construction for vehicles, pedestrian and livestock use, be it for roading NZ or simple farm bridge installations.
Running multiple teams allows us to take on a range of projects Barfoote can scale to take on multiple smaller projects or consolidate to handle larger projects that flexibility means we can work on simple residential projects to large scale builds.
Barfoote takes on a wide range of demolition projects and has performed controlled deconstructions in some very challenging locations. We also have a dedicated asbestos team should any demolition contain contaminants; please see asbestos section for more information, this collaboration allows contaminated buildings to be removed much faster and in turn reduces the risk to stakeholders and public.
Historic Commercial Projects
Marsden STATCOM – Civils
Project Duration 4 months
Siemens New Zealand recently appointed Barfoote Construction as the civils contractor for the above project. A fast track 14 week programme for a demanding end user client. An innovative precast solution was adopted to ensure that the final product was of the highest attainable standard.
Transpower Substation Control Building – Marsden Point
Project Duration 4 months
Built through main contractor Electrix, Barfoote Construction built a new control building in the existing “Live” switchyard. The work included the demolition of the existing building and building of the new precast building without any interruption in supply. The project was completed on time, on budget and have proven to be a very low maintenance building for the end user.
Dargaville Community Pool Project
Client: Kaipara Community Trust
Project Duration: 9 months
Barfoote Construction Whangarei offered several project delivery solutions. Pre-casting the concrete pool walls and changing to a post tensioned structure allowed the project to remain within the client’s budget. The project consisted of a 50 metre competition pool, children’s/hydrotherapy pools, change rooms, plant and administration buildings, spectator facilities and parking.
Mangawhai Treatment Plant
Client: Kaipara District Council
Project Duration 6 months
The construction works consisted of four separate treatment tanks including a control building and plantroom facilitiy. The largest treatment tank, capable of holding approximately 2 million litres, was tendered as in-situ construction. However, Barfoote Construction proposed a precast alternative, which provided a more economical solution with faster completion. The precast panel structure was combined with an onsite stitch joint creating a complete watertight structure.
Nell Business Park, Whangarei
Client: North Brynderwyn Region Investments Ltd.
Project Duration: 12 months
The works consisted mainly of office units and site works. In all there were 15 units and 92 car park spaces. The units were constructed from precast panels with recessed architectural details to provide a unique look.
• Mangawhai Water Treatment Plant- Main Contractor
• Northpower Sub Station - Main Contractor
• New Zealand Couriers building - Main Contractor
• Turners Auction Building - Main Contractor
• Re:Sort Resource Recovery Park - Main Contractor
• Sergeants Hill Reservoir repair - Main Contractor
• Russell Road Culverts with Works Infrastructure
• Harris Road Culverts with McBreen Jenkins
• Dent Street Bridge with Fulton Hogan
• Ruakaka Reservoir repair - Main Contractor
• Anzac Reservoir repair - Main Contractor
• Hikurangi Reservoir repair - Main Contractor
• Waipu Reservoir repair - Main Contractor
• Tauraroa Reservoir repair - Main Contractor
• Dargaville Swimming Pool - Main Contractor
• Kamo Christian School - Main Contractor
• Ngawha Prison - $13 million component
• Equip Church - Structural steel erection
• Scenic Circle, Paihia - Precast concrete supply and erection
• Tiaho Trust, Hunt Street, Whangarei - Main Contractor
• Warkworth Medical Centre – Precast concrete supply and erection
• The Palms Lifestyle Village – Fencing component
• N.E.S.T. Heliport, Kensington - Main Contractor
• Livingstone House
• Jordon Residence
• Fukuoka Residence
• Sidford Residence
• Robertson House
• Reynolds House
• Wilson House
• Bellwood House
• Kotuku Bridge and Culverts
• Albany Ramp
• Kerikeri Foot Bridge
• Kawakawa Bridges
• Russell Road Culverts - With Works Infrastructure
• Harris Road Culverts - With McBreen Jenkins
• Dent Street Bridge - With Fulton Hogan